What is CodePad?
Create a customizable and user-friendly coding environment with buttons and tags included for your events. Add an extra layer of information while coding your games live, or post-game!
CodePad is where you begin to categorize and analyze your videos. You can create buttons for specific categories, to mark the time of events in the movie. These events become your own personal analysis. By coding events as you record the game, you can save time. If you need to modify or remove any information later, it's easy to do so by going back to the CodePad of the specific Video Project.
- Go to the Video Project you want to code events and click on 'Create a Coding File'. Type a name for the Coding File, and hit enter.
- Now enter the created Coding File and click on the CodePad button. A module will pop up to start your coding process.
The CodePad Header contains the main functions of the module:
- Load and Save Templates
- Edit Elements options
- Adding Elements to the CodePad canvas
- Zoom and navigation functions within the CodePad canvas
- Background attributes within the CodePad canvas
- Modify and Record Modes
In this section you will be able to Load and Save the different CodePad templates that are created.
These are the main function to edit the different elements that will be located within the CodePad canvas (Copy, Paste, Select All, Deselect and Delete).
These are all the element types that can be included in the CodePad canvas:
- Codes: In Modify mode, clicking this button will create a new Code element into the CodePad canvas.
- Tags: In Modify mode, clicking this button will create a new Tag element into the CodePad canvas. Tag elements have rounded corners.
- Images: In Modify mode, clicking this button will allow importing an image into the CodePad canvas.
- Connectors: To make coding easier, you can connect elements in the CodePad canvas so that they can activate or deactivate other elements. To do this, you need to select the origin element, which is the code/tag that triggers the connecting action. Then, click on the destiny element, which is the code/tag that will be affected by the connecting action.
- Absolute Connector: Two or more codes/tags can be connected. If these type of elements are connected via the Absolute Connector, only one of these can be active at the same time.
- Trigger Connector: A code/tag can (origin) be connected to another code/tag (source) to activate it. When the origin element is clicked, it activates any connected source element.
- Defuse Connector: A code/tag can (origin) be connected to another code/tag (source) to activate it. When the origin element is clicked, it deactivates any connected source element.
You can right-click on any spot in the CodePad canvas to display the menu and add any of the elements in that clicked spot
General Elements Attributes
When clicking an element within de CodePad canvas, a window will pop up to edit the attributes of one or more elements.
- Type: Choose if you want the element to be a Code, a Tag or a Disabled element. A Disabled element can be useful to add a text or image with no specific functions for coding.
- Counter: Activate this attribute to show on a specific portion of the element how many times this Code/Tag has been saved within the Coding File.
Codes Elements Attributes
- Pre-Time: Program a specific pre-time in seconds to establish a time prior to clicking on a Code to be saved.
- Post-Time: Program a specific post-time in seconds to establish a time after clicking on a Code to be saved. If no Post-time value is set, the code will be recording until it is manually deactivated.
Tags Elements Attributes
Group: Define the same Group name to categorize a set of tags under the same group. This will be reflected within the Timeline filter when visualizing events:
In Record mode, mouse over a tag button to display the group (if any) as a tooltip.
- Tag Insertion: This tag attribute can be modified to either insert the tag after activating a code or before. When one of these 2 attributes is selected, the tag will be automatically deactivated. By preset this attribute is set to Always active, so after clicking on a code, the tag will remain active.
- Lock CodePad Scale: By activating this function, Zoom won’t modify the elements within the CodePad canvas when modifying the canvas size.
Utilize these functions to modify background attributes such as Color and Opacity.
Modify and Record Modes
- Modify Mode: Utilize this mode to create and modify the elements within the CodePad canvas.
- Record Mode: Utilize this mode to code post-game. Activate Live Mode in Coding File to code live.
You can modify or add existing tags in the Event Infobox. Click on the “+” icon to add existing tags or the “X” icon to delete a specific tag within an event.
Coding File Export
You can export your Coding File as .xml or .csv within the Coding File menu, by clicking the “more options” icon
ADD CODE - C | ADD TAG - T | ADD IMAGE - I
DELETE - Backspace or DEL
COPY - Ctrl + C
PASTE - Ctrl + V
SELECT ALL - Ctrl + A
DUPLICATE - Alt + Drag and Drop (selected elements)
MULTIPLE SELECTION - Ctrl pressed + Elements selection
SHOW/HIDE ALL CONNECTORS (Front/Back) - Alt + C
CHANGE SIZE OF ELEMENTS UNLOCKING ASPECT RATIO - Ctrl + Drag modifying dots
MOVE ELEMENTS ACCURATELY - Ctrl + Arrow keys
MOVE SELECTED BUTTONS - Arrows
MOVE SELECTED BUTTONS PRECISELY - Ctrl + Arrows
DEACTIVATE ALL BOXES - Tab (On Record Mode)
DEACTIVATE LAST BOX PRESSED - Esc (Record Mode and Modify Mode)
VERTICAL SCROLL - Mouse Wheel
HORIZONTAL SCROLL - Shift + Mouse Wheel
ZOOM 100% - Ctrl + 0
ZOOM IN - Mouse Wheel / Ctrl + +
ZOOM OUT - Mouse Wheel / Ctrl + -
ZOOM TO FIT - Ctrl + 1