2.9.0 (20 DECEMBER, 2021)
Automated Tracking Data (ATD)At Metrica Sports, we are pleased to present ATD: the new generation of our AI technology.
ATD for Data Analysis
ATD is great for all kinds of data analysis in which you don't need to know identities. Getting the coordinates of goalkeepers and the 10 field players of each team allows you to analyze aspects of the game that you couldn't analyze before. The workflow is the same, the outcome is more powerful.
Some examples of the type of analysis you can do with Automated Tracking Data are:
- Calculate compactness (width and length) of the team to for example, look for moments in which the team is too stretched, or too wide.
- Calculate packing metrics (number of players passed by a pass) when combined with Opta or Statsbomb data.
- Identify tactical lines to measure distances between them, or identify players between lines.
- Compute pitch control and/or expected possession value models to identify passes opportunities, off the ball movements that create open spaces, etc!
Process your videos in the Cloud Engine and download the FIFA EPTS data files with the raw data to analyze this and much more.
Do you need assistance with adding player identities or getting the most out of the tracking data? Contact us for more information.
Other Improved Performance notes
- We improve the export performance (faster video exports)
- You can now cut/copy/paste selected clips from playlists with shortcuts: